9/26/2006

The joy of going "tube-less"

















Gone are the days when I stand on one of the platforms cursing and swearing at another delay in the tube frequencies. Over the past month, I have been cycling to work with the bike that I have inherited from my girlfriend (It's a ladies bike, but she felt it was too high after buying from a colleague). It's quite a refreshing change especially after my company just moved from a building directly above Chancery Lane tube station to somewhere in the middle of Fleet Street, and also in the middle of 4 different tube stations, all about the same walking distance. To take the bus in the morning hour rush is pure suicidal. And I reckon the time to walk from one of the tube stations to my office probably takes half the time I require to get to work on my new found transport. Last weekend, I ordered a GPS gadget from eBay hoping that I can use it for my coming trip to the Caribbean. Unfortunately, I was too optimistic thinking that my winning item will arrive in time. BUT luckily, this wonderful colleague of mine lent me his GPS gadget for this trip and here I have, just like a school kid, having my first go at it by plotting my route back home this evening. It was pretty accurate, except on 2 occasions where it indicated that I "dived" into the Thames, and cycled straight into Big Ben.


1 comment:

~ Fayenatic ~ said...

Haha, this is great! Welcome to the world of travelling without public transport! Enjoy!

Great blog, btw. :)

Daphne