1/04/2008

New Year, new flu

Most of you would probably be still nursing the hangover from the New Year celebrations, whilst I am still nursing my last flu of 2007 and and first flu of 2008 (The strike was timely enough to stop me from going anywhere on New Year's eve). I am not sure if it has anything to do with the recent cold snap but it sure cost me enough misery to not look forward to the new year, let alone any resolutions!

On a side-note, my pursuit of snow seemed to pay off this week when temperatures started to plummet on New Year's day. The thermometers slipped to minus 11 degrees centigrade the day before and was so cold that puddles of water on the roads were frozen up to a amazing sight for me. Since it was so cold, and not wanting to go outdoors, I decided to test how cold it was.

I filled a container of water and left it out by the window ledge.

1 hour later, the surface was already frozen up.

3 hours later, ice block for that Ice-Kacang in winter!

On the downside, there was only a minor snow shower during one of the mornings to show for. And worse, I heard it has started to snow in London instead! D'oh!!!

Happy New Year to All!

No comments: