4/12/2008

Race day ahead

Tomorrow is race day - one that I have been looking forward to since I confirmed my running place 3 months ago. Haven't been quite myself this week after a pretty tough launch of my project on Thursday in quite 'Murphy's Law' circumstances. Just glad that the team got over it and I face my 2nd "high" of the week. Stocked up on more bananas and energy gels whilst collecting my race day tag, as well as new pair of shorts and socks to make me feel falsely good about myself. Weather forecasts point to a chilly and rainy day tomorrow, which everyone in London probably had a preview this afternoon during a period of intense rain and hail.

The surprise of the day came when my girlfriend mysteriously turned up from New York at the lunch whom some friends have arranged. Apparently it was all 'planned' and she really surprised me but was definitely a very good surprise! I feel much better with her around, especially since she missed my last marathon in Singapore couple of years back.

Expecting a blistery 26 miles ahead, but will definitely enjoy every moment of the journey and looking forward to enjoying a good pint of Guinness in a nearby pub. Do look out for me if you are anywhere along the route and give me your encouragement to get me the end point at Buckingham Palace. See ya!

No comments: