9/07/2008

Swiss update

Rolling clouds at summit
Have been experiencing a fair bit of swiss flavor for the month of August. First off was a trip to Bern and Lucerne with a couple of friends, one whom I have known for almost 18 years, and who is getting married in Oct. The highlight of the weekend trip has to be the golden circle day trip to Mount Pilatus from Lucerne, starting with a very lazy cruise on Lake Lucerne, followed by a journey up to the mountain on the world's steepest cogwheel rail. The views on the mountain was simply breathtaking, even though it was an overcast day. The cable car trip down was also exciting, especially for my friend who was very afraid of heights, and when I mean VERY AFRAID...You can view all the photos on my flickr.

Surprise upgrade
I was out to Istanbul midweek to see my team members for the last time before starting on my new journey in life with another company later this month. As it was a last minute decision, I ended up booking an unusual flight to Istanbul via Geneva on Swiss Air as it was the appropriate in terms of the timings and overall price. Had an unexpected but pleasant surprise on my return trip from Istanbul as they upgraded me to Business and got to use the lounge between the legs. Was extremely helpful as we were out having dinner and drinks in Taksim and was directly off to the airport to catch my 5.30am flight. Couldn't have ask for more...swiss air has just gone to the top of my favorite airlines, and not just because they give out chocolates on all their flights.

No comments: