2/23/2008

Surprise trip to NYC, Central Park - Been there and done it

Made a surprise trip to New York City last weekend, surprising my girlfriend at her door for our 10 year anniversary together. I created a mosaic pictorial using shots taken over the past 10 years onto Moo cards. Centerpiece obviously was my "masterpiece drawing" and contained nicely in a mahogany frame. At least she likes it and did not trash it into the recycling bin outside the apartment :0)

Even though it was the middle of New York winter, I had to complete my plan to run round Central park. The morning of the run was bone chilling freezing temperature and I was so wrong to think that my new Adidas long sleeve Climacool top was to protect me from the elements. 10km into my run, I was still freezing like crazy, not a drip of sweat, and hands felt like they have been chilled in a freezer for the past 40min. It had started to feel quite awkward that I ended up altering my return route and head towards "Pick-A-Bagel" along 77-78th St by Lex. Nothing beats an "everything bagel" after a good morning run, especially after I just managed to do a loop round (almost) Central Park, something that I have almost wanted to do since I first visited NYC 3 years back.

No comments: