7/11/2008

Another row entry in my life

ITV4 broadcasted the 23rd Marathon des Sables earlier this evening showcasing a few of the runner pairs who were flying the British flag proud. I came to know about this event earlier this year when a colleague told me about some bloke that he knew who trained for 2 years prior to it, and 2 runners losing their lives in 2007. Frankly I am quite proud of my London marathon achievement this year, although it was easily eclipsed by another friend who is part of the elite 50 mile (80.4672km!!!) club, but Marathon des Sables is seriously crazy when you actually watch it in action - 156 miles across the Sahara desert, across flat plains, 1000m mountains and sand dunes, in 6 days. To make it even more challenging, all runners are to carry their personal belongings and food throughout the course. Some of the 800 runners from 32 countries are probably professionals, but the obviously highlighted very ordinary people like myself. Suddenly the BUPA 10km run next weekend and 10km NIKE run in Aug seems ordinary to the extreme. I feeling ashamed but I am really considering...if this is going to be my ultimate challenge to my limits and endurance...I am seriously contemplating...

On a similar note, there are still places for the 2 above, do join me if you can.

No comments: