7/27/2008

Lost in transition

A weekend in Berlin turned out to be another mini nightmare, continuing my tradition of an unusual event/incident in my recent trips. A S-bahn disruption from Berlin city to the Schönefeld airport ended up me missing my flight back to London, resulting in another night out on chairs that are obviously not meant to sleep over. Having to get another ticket home was encountered with 'not very friendly' ground staff from Globeground Berlin, who insisted that I have to 'check on the internet myself' if I want to book another flight other than Ryanair even though they handle both airlines desk bookings. She was even able to look me in the eye and said that she was unable to check on her system (I thought those airport terminals were the 'know all' machines that can check every single airline that exist in this world, other than the supercomputers quietly churning away data for the preparing for the next particle collision at CERN). So much so for German technology advancement, which I think it partly what you get for flying with a crap service like Ryanair, who has just charged me another EUR75 for missing my flight and putting me on the next flight back. Thanks Mr O'Leary!

No comments: