3/31/2008

12 days and counting...

As the run beckons, I am suddenly feeling both nervous and excited, but very much looking forward to it at the same time. After 3 months of training, with the addition abstinence off alcohol, I think I am in relatively good shape barring any last minute injuries. Will be reducing the intensity of my runs as the big day gets nearer but probably go for my last 2 hour run this weekend.

The good news is that I have achieved my target (overachieved!) of raising £1300 for Plantlife, all thanks to my family, friends and colleagues who have been ever so supportive and encouraging throughout this period. Hopefully I can see a few of them along the route cheering me on, which to me, will be the absolute icing on the cake on top of my aim to do a PB.

No comments: