3/26/2008

Goodbye to an excellent servant

The brakes on my old trusty bike came off last week, exactly a week after someone nicked the handle grips outside my flat. This is after multiple "violations" of her when I was out of the country in the last year since I moved out of the secure entry flat. After the latest mishap, I figured it is no longer worthwhile to repair it anymore especially after spending more than 3 times fixing her up after my girlfriend bought her for only £15 and decided to pass it on to me after.
After 4 days on the tube and bus to and from work, I figured I had enough of the public transport and went ahead to buy a Specialized Sirrus off a bloke off gumtree. Seems like a good deal as the bike was relatively new and I really amazed how light and reactive it is compared to my previous. Last night, I gave my old bike away, to a old Dutch guy who seems to appreciate her much more than I do and came down all the way from Maida Vale to collect it after I posted her on freecycle. At least she is in good hands.

No comments: